This salad is so pretty you could definitely serve it up for a gathering. Making a delicious duck salad couldn’t be much easier, especially when you source the roasted duck already cooked from a Chinese grocer.
Of course if you’d prefer to cook your own duck, you can, simply buy three duck breast raw to complete the salad.
- 200 grams (7 ounces) baby spinach leaves, washed and spun dry
- 2 oranges, peeled, sliced and halved
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 roasted duck from a Chinese restaurant (ask them to chop it up for you)
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 punnet red currants, gently washed
- 1 small bunch mint (optional), washed
- 80 grams (3 ounces) roasted hazelnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon top quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ teaspoons honey
- Salt flakes and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Arrange spinach leaves on a large platter and arrange orange slices and onion on top.
- Arrange duck pieces on top.
- Sprinkle over pomegranate seeds, plus mint and hazelnuts if using.
- Make dressing by whisking olive oil, vinegar, juice and honey in a small cup and spooning it over the salad.
- Season to taste and serve. Mix the salad up at the table.