Detox Truffles: Dates, Nuts and Honey
Dates are sweet and sticky – paired with honey, cardamom, almonds and pistachios they make a great detox treat.
By Tamara Novacoviç
I hope you celebrated New Year’s eve just the way you wanted. Remember that your eyes are your lens, remember to be brave and go for what you want this year and remember that loss reminds us to embrace those we love.
Regardless of whether you were at home, enjoying quiet evening, or at a party, I believe you feel tired after all the holiday eating (and partying). I believe you are somewhat sick of sweets. Well, there’s never enough sweet in my life, so I came up with a backup plan: healthy dessert. Yes, sometimes it’s possible to combine those two words in a tasty way. These truffles contain no sugar, they use honey (I love it), orange juice and nuts. They are good for you. They could be called detox truffles, so use them to both satisfy your sweet tooth and give your body a break from sugar.
Dates are sweet and sticky, paired with honey and cardamom plus almonds and pistachios they make a really nice treat.
Detox truffles: date, nuts and honey
Author: Tamara Novacovic
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 7 oz (200 g) dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 3.5 oz (100 g) pistachios, unsalted
- 1.7 oz (50 g) almonds
- Finely chop dates, add honey, cardamom and orange juice.
- Heat almonds and pistachios on a skillet. Ground them. Add all almonds and 50 g pistachios to the date-honey mixture. Combine well and form balls.
- Roll them into the rest of the ground pistachios.
Originally Published: January 2, 2014