PARTNER POST — Discover the unique flavors of the Dijon region with Maille and enter to win a trip to France
Tender chicken is made rich with fine whole grain mustard. It’s an easy, elegant dish to prepare, with five-star flavor.
By Kristi Kaiser
Seriously, this is one of the very best recipes I have ever made. I have re-made this recipe so many times this past month, I can’t even tell you. I had to keep testing it over-and-over, you know – for quality control purposes? <wink, wink> Oh yeah…it’s a keeper.
I’ve been a long-time fan of Maille and their line of fun mustards
Seriously – Maille has mustard on tap! Now, that’s a tap system I’d love to have installed in my house. And, I’d want the cute country crock it goes into too. I am totally signing up for that!
Maille Dijon Delights is giving one lucky winner an edible journey to Dijon mustard’s home region, Burgundy. This is an incredible trip for two to enjoy an exclusive tasting at the Maille boutique in Dijon with the trained Mustard Sommelier, amazing food at Michelin-starred restaurants, prestigious wines at world famous vineyards, and plenty of culture and entertainment.
I served this on top of Whole Grain Dijon Mustard Mashed Cauliflower, topped with freshly steamed green beans and surrounded it with this rich, savory Dijon Mustard White Wine Chicken. My mouth waters as I write this.
So many people see mustard as just a condiment. Trust me – it’s so much more than that. Mustard adds a rich, slightly tangy, creamy flavor and texture that upscales any dish. I use it in sauces, dips, soups – even meatloaf – it’s so versatile.
- 1 and ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1" thick slices and pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup Maille whole grain mustard*
- ¼ cup shallots
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to low (warm) heat.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat until hot. Turn down to medium to medium-high heat and add olive oil. Cook chicken for 1 and ½ minutes on each side to sear in juices. Remove from pan, and place in a warm oven to keep warm.
- Add onion to the same skillet and cook 1 and ½ minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds, scraping bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken broth, white wine and mustard and stir until ingredients are well blended. Add bacon, tarragon, salt and pepper and turn down to medium-low to simmer. Reduce for 5-10 minutes. Add chicken back to skillet and cook an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is done throughout, turning ½ way through.
- Remove from pan, place on serving plate and top with mustard sauce.