This chocolate trifle for two is loaded with rich chocolate flavor. Layers of chocolate cookie crumbs, chocolate cheesecake mousse, chocolate syrup, chocolate whipped cream, and chocolate curls make for quite the romantic and rich treat.
Valentine’s Day is coming and this super decadent recipe for chocolate trifles for two is perfect! They’re rich, over the top, and a chocolate lovers dream dessert. There are so many layers of chocolate stuffed inside this glass, you won’t know which one you like more!
Let’s chat about the decadent things I was able to stuff in each layer. I may have gotten a little out of hand on the chocolate for some, but this is absolute heaven to me. Chocolate cookie crumbs, chocolate cheesecake mousse, chocolate syrup, chocolate whipped cream, and homemade chocolate curls, I don’t think I could get any more chocolate in this glass if I wanted to.
I’m pretty impressed with my chocolate girls. I made those with a milk chocolate bar and a vegetable peeler. That’s it! I’ve tried it several times before and it never worked out for me. I think I figured out the problem though. I’m pretty sure it was that my vegetable peeler was old and pretty dull. Another mistake I’ve learned from is that I stored my chocolate bars in the fridge prior to trying to make curls. Of course, the chocolate wouldn’t be pliable. Where’s that facepalm emoji?
If you don’t have or like chocolate syrup, you can easily put a ganache in there.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whipped cream, divided
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 chocolate creme filled sandwich cookies
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 T. chocolate curls
- To a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat on medium with a hand mixer until creamy.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add in the semi-sweet chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat the microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate into the mixing bowl with the cream cheese.
- Add the vanilla extract. Beat until the chocolate and vanilla extract is incorporated. Scrape down the sides and beat in anything that hasn't been incorporated yet.
- In a separate bowl, add in the whipped cream. Beat on medium until stiff peaks form. Scrape the whipped cream into the bowl with the cream cheese. Set the whipped cream bowl aside for a later use.
- Beat the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Add into a disposable piping bag using a spatula and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add the remaining heavy cream into the same bowl we used before for whipped cream. Beat on medium until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture to the whipped cream. Fold in until combined.
- Add the chocolate whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with the 1M piping tip. Set aside.
- Add the chocolate creme filled sandwich cookies into a food processor and pulse them until their crumbs. You can also just add them to a storage bag and beat them with a rolling pin until they're crushed.
- Add the cookie crumbs into the bottom of two glasses. Add a layer of chocolate cheesecake mousse. Add a layer of chocolate syrup. Repeat each layer one more time.
- Add a swirl of whipped cream to the top of the trifles. Sprinkle on some chocolate curls. You can also use cookie crumbs, chocolate sprinkles, red heart sprinkles, etc.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.