Make these sweet dark chocolate ricotta almond cakes on a cold winter day. They’re the perfect small bite to brighten any mood.
Chocolate cakes satisfy everyone’s palate, and are invigorating for the cold weather. These small cakes are slightly moist because of the ricotta cheese. The choices in chocolate cake recipes are endless, however one simple ingredient can change the flavor and these cakes are one of the best examples.
- 2 large organic free range eggs
- 100 g (3½ oz) raw coconut sugar
- 80 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil (or 100 ml (3½ fl oz) organic cold-pressed sunflower oil)
- 100 g (3½ oz) ricotta cheese
- 300 g (11 oz) whole-wheat Farro flour, sifted
- 15 g (½ oz) organic baking powder
- 100 g (3½ oz) chopped toasted almonds
- 100 g (3½ oz) melted dark chocolate 70%
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Whip the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the oil, ricotta cheese, flour and baking powder, and mix.
- Add the almonds and chocolate.
- Pour the dough into mini molds.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- When cool, cover the cakes with melted chocolate.