No scooping required, these brown butter cookie bars are loaded with dark chocolate chunks to make an insanely delicious dessert combo.
I don’t know why it has taken me so long to make cookies in bar form. You guys they are SO easy. No scooping, no rolling. You don’t need to chill the dough. They don’t run, burn around the edges or bottoms, and are pretty much the only way I want to bake cookies from here on out.
And that browned butter, it is the best thing ever. seriously. brown your butter people, and then add that browned butter to some dark chocolate chunk cookie dough.
This year, along with meal prep on Sunday afternoons, I have also started baking a batch or two of cookies or brownies and a pan of granola bars. That way the kids always have a snack for after school and in lunch boxes. not that I want them eating a ton of sweets, but I figure homemade is better than the junk they can buy at school.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) browned butter (click the link above for the recipe)
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chunks
- allow your browned butter to cool slightly
- grease a 9 x 13 baking pan
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- sift together the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt
- cream the butter and sugar, and then add in the eggs and vanilla
- gradually add the flour into the butter mixture, and then fold in the chocolate chunks
- scoop cookie dough into the prepared pan, and then gently press to create an even layer
- bake 15 minutes
- allow the bars to cool in pan for at least an hour before cutting or they will fall apart