PARTNER POST: Explore new and surprising ways to incorporate potatoes into your favorite recipes.
Use your mashed potatoes in a whole new way. Check out this video recipe to learn how to make creamy, dairy-free chocolate truffles.
Click the banner below for more delicious potato ideas.
- ½ cup mashed potatoes (we used potatoes from dehydrated flakes), cold
- 1½ cups dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ cup Almond milk (or other dairy free creamy beverage)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional flavor additions: chili flakes for spice, lemon/orange zest
- Optional toppings: Coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, sprinkles, turbinado sugar, matcha powder
- Over a double boiler, melt and combine the chocolate, vanilla, almond milk, and salt.
- Remove from heat and stir in the potatoes. If using any flavorings, add them now.
- Transfer to a plastic wrap-lined sheet pan and refrigerate/freeze until firm and cool to the touch. (should take about 15 minutes)
- Use a tablespoon to scoop and roll into balls. Coat in optional toppings