This bright dessert is simple, sweet, and creamy. Without any sugar or dairy, you have a rich, smooth ice cream. Serve it up immediately or shove it in the freezer to keep it chilled until you’re ready to enjoy.
By Kathy Gori
- 2 very ripe Hachiya Persimmons (the large heart shaped ones)
- ¼ cup coconut milk.
- Freeze 2 Hachiya persimmons until they are rock solid
- Take 2 large frozen persimmons and peel them
- Once peeled, cut them into medium pieces
- Place the chunks of persimmon into a food processor. Add in about ¼ cup of coconut milk. You can also add almond or rice milk if you wish. You can even add in buttermilk or cream, but then of course it wouldn't be vegan. But then again you might not require a vegan recipe, so there's that.
- Turn on the food processor and swirl the persimmon coconut milk into "ice cream."
- Serve it up immediately or shove it in the freezer to keep it chilled until you're ready to enjoy it.