This is a lovely, creamy Thanksgiving side dish that is sure to be a smash hit on the dinner table.
By Sherron Watson
When my grandmother passed a few years ago I was handed a large box of recipes. I go through these recipes about twice a year and I am always amazed that I seem to find a recipe that sneaks to the top of the pile.
How could I have missed this recipe for creamed mushrooms?
The mushrooms were simply delicious and yet had this gourmet flair that could not be denied.
I hope you enjoy this recipe find from my grandmothers box of treasure.
- 4 cups of sliced baby Portabella mushrooms
- ⅓ (50g) cup diced red onion
- 1 (1/2 cup, 120g) stick of butter
- ½-1 (2.5-5 ml)teaspoon of paprika
- ½ (2.5 ml) teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 (5 ml)teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup (240g) of sour cream
- pinch of salt
- In a large saute pan, melt butter. Saute onions and garlic until soft. Add mushrooms and stir.
- Cook mushrooms for 3-5 minutes until they reduce in size and start to wilt. Add lemon zest, paprika, dried parsley, salt and sour cream. Stir until well combined. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.