This cream of tomato soup is a deliciously thick soup made from tomatoes, cream, pepper, onion and garlic.
By Anita Mokashi
This cream of tomato soup is a thick soup made from tomatoes, cream, pepper, onion and garlic. It is more than an appetizer and with bread sticks it can be easily served as a fulfilling dinner. It is a gentle and soothing soup. It is prepared in less than 30 minutes and is extremely flavorful. I adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart creamy tomato recipe.
- 5 tomatoes chopped into pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups of water
- 5 tbsp cream
- salt as per taste
- cream and mint leaves for garnishing.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Now add water and let the mixture boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from gas top and blend the mixture to a puree.
- Again transfer the puree to the pan.
- Whisk in cream, if desired; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve it hot with Bread sticks.