Get your spoons ready for this summery, cool and perfectly sweet strawberry and cream dessert.
Let’s celebrate the rest of this season with something refreshingly sweet, deliciously fluffy, and laughably easy to make. Because who wants to be sweating in the kitchen for too long when it’s this hot outside?! Oh, not I. I rather be barefoot and sun-kissed, relaxing by the pool. Ice-cold drink in hand and diving into one of these.
Make sure to check out my recipe below to see how easy it is to turn three simple ingredients into a magical dessert. And yes, you heard me right … I said THREE. All you need for this dessert are strawberries, whipping cream and sugar. A whisk (to whip the cream) and a blender (to puree the strawberries with the sugar). Combine in a cute little jar, and this irresistible treat is ready to be served in five minutes or less. Luscious, fluffy, and fresh.
That’s what summer should be all about, right?!?
- 1 cup (235 ml) of whipping cream
- 14 oz (400 gr) of fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup (65 gr) of sugar
- Whip the whipping cream until very firm.
- Save 4 strawberries to decorate the top of the cups, and puree the rest with the sugar.
- Pour some of the strawberry puree to the bottom of four serving glasses. Mine are 6 fl oz each if filled to the rim.
- Add the rest of the strawberry puree to the whipping cream, and fold with a spoon until just combined. Don't over-mix!
- Fill the glasses with the strawberry mousse and decorate with one strawberry cut in half.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a day.