Nachos are a great way to sneak in veggies for the little ones. Try this colorful nacho recipe and watch the little fingers eat it all up!
Nachos are quickly becoming a staple on my menu of easy recipes. The key for me is finding new and creative ways to reinvent an oldie but goodie. I know I sound like a broken record but we have slowly been cutting back on our meat consumption and replacing our decision with more beans, rice and vegetables.
I can say that most of my recipes are kid tested and approved. I am always trying to figure out new and creative ways of sneaking healthy food into a kid’s diet.
Cabbage on nachos might sound crazy, and well, maybe it is. I think it’s refreshing and adds so much color to an already bright dish.
Try it–you may just like it!
- ½ bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 fresh tomato, diced small
- 1 ripe avocado, diced small
- 2-4 tiny bell peppers, orange and red, sliced in rings
- 2-3 cups of shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups of shredded white cheddar (use Vegan cheese if this is your eating style)
- Salsa Verde
- Black Beans (Use can if that is all you have)
- Spread chips all over a cookie sheet. Sprinkle cheese. Broil until melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients. NOTE: You can warm the black beans up in the microwave so they are not cold from the can or fridge.