Here’s a creamy treat that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth. Coconut and white chocolate are a perfect match, add lime and you’re in delicious business.
Believe me, this coconut milkshake is decadent in all the right ways.
It has all your standard perfect-beverage bases covered: flavor (sweet-but not terribly so-accentuated by bright lime and tropical coconut), texture (smooth as silk, but with the occasional chewy chunks of chocolate if you prefer), temperature (cool and refreshing), and thickness (barely able to get it through the straw, exactly as a good shake should be).
This milkshake consists of approximately 147% coconut. The base is coconut milk and coconut cream, so you know you’re in good hands. It’s frozen, and then blended until creamy with white chocolate chips, sweetener, lime juice, and lime zest. This subtly bedazzles the milkshake with bright green flecks. Just pour, garnish with a lime wedge and maybe a little flaked coconut on top, and that’s it!
You can also opt to add rum, though this drink is great on its own!
The best part of about this recipe is that it’s so easily adapted into ice cream, it couldn’t be easier. The texture is going to be better if you use an ice cream machine, but you can make it no-churn style if necessary.
- 2 small (5.4 oz) cans coconut cream
- 1 (13.6 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- ¼ cup Norbu monk fruit sweetener (or ½ cup coconut sugar)
- ¼ cup lime zest
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips + more for garnish (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
- lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Stir or blend together coconut cream, coconut milk, and salt.
- Freeze in small portions (such as an ice cube tray) or in a baking pan (so you can break it up before blending) for a couple of hours until mixture begins to firm up, but is not frozen solid.
- Transfer semi-frozen coconut base to a high speed blender, and add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until it reaches desired consistency (you may want to leave the chocolate chips a little bit chunky for some added texture, or continue to blend until it's completely smooth).
- Pour into glasses, garnish, and serve immediately.
*If you’re just making this shake for 1-2 people, you may want to make a half recipe.