Here’s how to make this wonderful coconut spiced pumpkin bread
By Pooja Mottl
- Butter or oil for greasing loaf pans
- 1 ½ cups unrefined organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter or “manna” (optional)
- 2 organic eggs (I use Vital Farm eggs)
- 2 ½ cups homemade pumpkin puree* or canned unsweetened puree of choice
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix sugar, oil, manna and remaining wet ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate mixing bowl using a sieve.
- Combine wet into dry and stir to combine.
- Divide batter between two loaf pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until fork or toothpick tester comes out clean.