Unsweetened coconut milk gives this not-too-sweet pie a faint coconut flavor with all the creamy richness that you get in the traditional version.
By Abby Himes
- 1 15. oz can pure pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk (stirred)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (powdered)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or mixer, add the pumpkin, coconut milk, eggs, brown sugar, and spices. Mix well.
- Roll the pie crust into the 9 inch pie pan.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and put in the oven. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until the pie is set but slightly wobbly in the center.
- Cool on a wire rack and top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Enjoy.