Dark chocolate and coconut is a classic pairing. Learn to make these crunchy-on-the-outside and chewy-on-the-inside candies at home.
By Zerrin Gunaydin
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 40g butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 200g dark chocolate
- ½ cup pistachio powder
- In a bowl, mix coconut, butter, heavy cream and powdered sugar well.
- Seperate ¼ cup of it into another bowl and mix that with pistachio powder.
- Make small balls from these.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and place the coconut balls on it.
- Chill them in the reefrigertor for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate over a boiling water and let it cold.
- Dip coconut balls into this melted chocolate with your hands or with two spoons not to damage the texture of chocolate and put them back on the parchment paper.
- Wait them in refrigerator for 1 hour and serve cold.