Rosewater lends a floral flavor to this multi-faceteed coconut cake.
By Jessics Dady
Have you ever made a rose water cake before? No?! Well neither have I until now! Rose water is a great way of adding a floral flavour to your cake. The coconut gives it a good texture along with a light buttercream and sweet jam mix – this cake went down a treat with the whole family!
- 7oz self-raising flour
- 1oz dessicated coconut
- 8oz caster sugar, 8oz butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3tsp rose water
- 1tsp baking powder
- 8oz icing sugar
- 4oz butter
- 2-3tsp rose water
- 3tbsp strawberry jam
- handful of glacé cherries
- dessicated coconut to decorate
- Preheat oven 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 and grease your I Heart Cake mould with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk all the ingredients together until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake mould and bake for 20-30 mins until golden and springy to touch.
- Leave to cool and then pop out of the mould onto a wire wrack to cool fully.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the icing sugar, butter and rose water together to make the buttercream.
- Mix the jam and cherries together to make the sweet jam topping.
- Spoon the buttercream onto the cake and smooth around the edges with a spatula. Spoon on the jam mixer into the centre of the cake. Dust with coconut and serve!