This stir-fried South Indiana starter will satisfy seafood lovers in a more unexpected way than the typical crab cake.
By Anita Mokashi
- Shelled, deveined raw Prawns- 1 cup (cut the prawns in small pieces)
- Grated Coconut- ½ cup
- Shallots- 5
- Ginger- ¼? piece
- Curry leaves- 3-4 leaves
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Green chillies- 1 or 2 (according to your heat tolerance)
- Turmeric powder- ⅛th teaspoon
- Garam Masala- 1 tbsp
- Breadcups- 1 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Mix all ingredients except breadcrumbs together and blend them well in a blender.
- Add breadcrumbs so that the cutlets will bind well.
- Wet your palms and take a small portion from the mixture and make cutlets.
- Shallow fry in hot oil till golden brown on either side.
- Remove the cutlets on paper towels and soak the extra oil out of them.
- Serve hot with ketchup