This vegan, gluten-free granola is not super sweet but it is nutty and crunchy and totally flavorful.
By Colleen Hill
- 3 cups gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- 1.5 T cinnamon
- 1.5 T pumpkin pie spice
- healthy pinch of seasalt
- 2 T unsweetened dutch process dark cocoa powder
- splash of vanilla extract
- ¼ coconut oil (liquified)
- ⅓ maple syrup (or honey)
- ⅓ cup organic pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a baking sheet in parchment paper.
- Whisk together wet ingredients and combine dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- Slowly fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well mixed. Taste and add more spices and/or maple syrup if desired.
- Spread mixture over parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Check the granola periodically to ensure even toasting, and use a spatula to flip if necessary. Remove from item when golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!