A classic dish made in the Mediterranean style with local extra virgin olive oil.
This is a very simple basic recipe, reminiscent of classic Italian cuisine. My saffron risotto, compared to the traditional recipe, is prepared without butter, but in the Mediterranean version with the precious extra virgin olive oil DOP Mount Etna.
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 leeks
- 4 carrots
- 300 g (11 oz) vialone nano rice variety
- 1 tbsp saffron
- high quality extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano to taste
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut the vegetables and prepare 2 liters of vegetable broth, boiling celery, leek and carrots for an hour.
- In a pan, brown the other leek, cut into slices, with extra virgin olive oil to taste. Add the rice and toast, stirring constantly.
- Gradually, add the broth, saffron, and let cook until cooked reached.?Once cooked, seasoned risotto with Parmigiano, salt, pepper and extra virgin raw.