You can serve these asparagus hot or cold, alongside dinner or with eggs for brunch.
By Jill Nammar
- 2 bunches of asparagus. I used thin. Remove the tough bottom part of the stem.
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts, toasted
- Zest and juice of one meyer lemon or one tangerine or one small orange
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking. I used unfiltered.
- Grated Parmesan cheese. I used Grana Padano. (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Line an large baking pan with foil and drizzle some olive oil on it.
- Put the asparagus on the pan, sprinkle on some salt, pepper, more olive oil and the citrus zest of your choice. Toss everything to coat. Line the asparagus in a single layer on the pan and roast for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- While the asparagus are roasting, toast the pine nuts in a nonstick pan until golden brown.
- Once the asparagus are done, toss with the toasted pine nuts, citrus juice and Parmesan. Alternately, toss the asparagus with the citrus juice and then arrange them on a serving platter and sprinkle on the pine nuts and Parmesan. Serve and enjoy!