The classic truffle is a delightfully chocolatey pop and a simple, gourmet gift for family, friends and coworkers.
By Kara and Marni Powers
- 8 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
- ½ c heavy cream
- 2 T butter
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 4 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
- Aleppo Chile Salt for sprinkling
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream and butter on medium heat. When it starts to boil slightly, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate chips in a separate bowl. Let stand for a minute.
- With a spatula, stir the chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Cover and let cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the ganache mixture from the refrigerator and with a melon baller (or Tablespoon), spoon out balls.
- With your hands, roll the chocolate into perfect round shapes and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- After you have formed all the ganache into spheres, return them back into the refrigerator.
- While the truffles chill, microwave the extra 4 ounces of chocolate in 20 second intervals. After 20 seconds, stir the chocolate mixture and place back into the microwave. Repeat this process three times.
- Remove the chocolate balls from the refrigerator. With two forks, place the truffles into the melted chocolate.
- Cover the spheres with the melted chocolate evenly, tapping off the excess with the forks, and place back onto the lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each truffle with a pinch of the Aleppo Chile Salt.
- Return the truffles back into the refrigerator to completely harden. Makes 20 truffles.