Butter, sugar, biscuit dough, and chocolate. We’re sold! Here’s how to make this chocolate and nut filled monkey bread.
Chocolate Pecan Monkey Bread
This makes a loaf pan of monkey bread, a perfect amount for two to four people to indulge in. To make a bundt pan of monkey bread, double this recipe.
Recipe Type: Baking, Dessert, Bread
Serves: 1 loaf pan
- 1 can of biscuits or your favorite biscuit recipe
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½-3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- ½-3/4 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Cut biscuits into about 6 pieces for each section of dough.
- Combine first amount of brown sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Toss dough in the dry mix.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Place half of the coated dough in the pan. Top with half of butter mixture, half of chocolate chips, and half of pecans.
- Repeat with the rest of dough, butter, and toppings.
- Bake, with a sheet pan underneath to catch any drippings, 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cook and invert on a plate to serve.