If you prefer your nut butter sweeter, you could add some stevia drops to the blend for a sugar-free treat.
By Martyna Candrick
I used a mixture of whole and half raw and unsalted macadamia nut kernels. For added flavour, because let’s face it, chocolate makes many things better, I added raw cacao to the mix but cocoa is fine too, just less nutrient-rich.
- 1½ cups raw unsalted macadamia nuts (about 225g or ½lb)
- 1-2 tsp raw cacao powder
- optional: a few Stevia drops, to taste
- Place macadamia nuts in a blender or food processor. Process on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes until the oil in the nuts is released and they begin to form a smooth butter. Continue to process until your desired consistency is reached.
- Add cacao powder, and Stevia drops if using, and mix in.
- Store Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter Spread in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for upto 2 weeks.