This rich, chocolate fudge cake will hit the spot with its gooey texture and deep chocolate flavor.
This is a gooey milk chocolate fudge cake. The only way I can describe this cake is it tastes almost like a rich brownie. Seriously addictive! This size suits my family perfectly but if you want to serve more people just double the recipe. Perfect with warm fresh homemade custard or ice cream.
- 125g (4.4 oz) Butter
- 150g (5.3 oz) Milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Caster sugar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Plain flour
- Preheat oven to 160C or 320F. Line a small, high sided cake tin with baking paper (I butter my tin first so the baking paper will stick). Place the butter and chocolate in your thermocook bowl and cook on speed 2 at 50 deg for 2mins 30secs ( or you can just do this is a saucepan over a medium heat) . Add the cocoa and milk and mix combine. Set aside whilst you make the rest of the mix.
- Place the eggs, brown and caster sugars in the bowl of a mixer (I use my kitchenaid mixer) and whisk on high speed for 6-8 minutes or until pale in colour and thick and creamy.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix until just combined. Set the speed to low, add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour the cake mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hour or until set. Allow the cake to cool completely in the tin. Remove the cake from the tin,dust with icing sugar to serve.