These sweet bars may sound like a bit of a mouthful, but they are a delicious, addictive mouthful, no flour needed.
These Chocolate Espresso Almond Butter Bars are packed with chocolate and coffee flavor and are gluten free, paleo friendly and ready in just 20 minutes!
These Almond Butter Espresso Bars are a spin on my very favorite Almond Butter Espresso Balls. If you haven’t tried them you totally should, they are addictive! These bars are so simple to make, you just need a bowl and a spoon! No fancy methods or tons of dirty dishes! They are gluten free, paleo friendly and packed with flavor! It is just what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons coffee grounds (I used espresso roast)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond butter (NOT the kind that separates. Barney's is my favorite)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips until a thick brownie like batter forms.
- Fold in half the chocolate chips.
- Place lightly greased parchment paper in an 8x8 baking pan and spread the batter evenly in the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 20-22 minutes.
- When you remove them from the oven allow them to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes so they set. Remove bars by lifting parchment paper, allow them to cool completely before cutting.
- If you cut them while they are warm they will be very gooey (they still taste great!)