This cake looks worthy of a dinner party or birthday celebration but is super quick and easy to whip up.
By Tania Cusack
- 1x 6? or 15cm cake tin. Oven 185C/350F
- 1 cup strong Puro esspresso
- 11/2 cup of castor sugar
- 125gm (1 stick) butter
- 3 Tablespoon dutch cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs ( beaten)
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of pure icing sugar
- 2 Tablespoons very strong coffee
- 50gm ( 1/1/2 oz) soft butter
- Put the coffee, sugar, butter, bi carb and cocoa into a medium pot that will fit the other ingredients comfortably. Leave on the heat till only just melted. Cool.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir well then the sifted flour and baking powder and mix with a whisk till well combined.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for approx 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz till dark and well combined.