Soft chocolate cake boasts chocolate chips, hazelnut pieces and a tempting Nutella icing to bring it all together.
By Pavani Hideout
This Chocolate-hazelnut bread is very moist and delicious. The chocolate-hazelnut glaze on the top makes it even more delicious.
- All purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Whole wheat pastry flour - ½cup (or use 1½cups of AP flour)
- Sugar - ¾cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - ¼cup
- Baking Powder - 1½tsp
- Baking Soda - ¼tsp
- Salt - tsp
- Sour Cream - 1½cups (I used a combination of sour cream and yogurt)
- Vegetable Oil - ½cup
- Eggs - 2, large (I used 2tbsp egg replacer powder whisked with 6tbsp water)
- Vanilla extract - 1tsp
- Semi sweet chocolate chips - ½cup
- Milk Chocolate chips - ½cup
- Toasted Hazelnuts - ¾cup, chopped
- Nutella (or any other chocolate-hazelnut spread) - ¼cup
- Milk - 1tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9"x5" loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on 2 sides. Coat with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined.
- In another bowl, combine sour cream, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50~60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool the bread slightly and pour the glaze while the bread is still warm.
- Warm the hazelnut spread along with water to thin it out, then pour it over the warm bread. Let cool completely before slicing.