PARTNER POST: Discover new ways to incorporate seasonal teas into your holiday cooking and desserts with Celestial Seasonings.
Indulge this holiday season with chocolate candy cane pots de creme, they’re a little minty and totally rich. Creamy and loaded with chocolate, these little jars of deliciousness will put everyone in a sweet mood.
I try all November long to resist the urge to fall into Christmas mode. I try to resist the call of Christmas music, the twinkle of lights and the temptation to decorate the entire house in everything Christmas.
It’s always been a tradition for me to wait until after Thanksgiving to start the Christmas obsession. On Black Friday, you will not find me searching deals in stores and trying to shop shop shop until I drop. Instead you will find me in my pajamas, eating leftovers, listening to Christmas music, setting up the tree and enjoying my first sip of eggnog for the season.
This year though, I couldn’t resist the urge to get into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving. It’s just too darn tough to put it off! So instead I am indulging a little early in the holiday magic with the magic of tea.
Celestial Seasonings tea to be specific.
Do you know how easy and how AMAZING putting tea in desserts is? Especially custard-based desserts like these chocolate peppermint pots de creme.
Peppermint tea is one of my holiday must-have’s that I tend to stretch throughout winter, because why the heck not. Celestial Seasonings has this Candy Cane Lane peppermint tea that tastes like a warm peppermint stick melted into a hot mug of goodness. I steep the tea bags in the custard base for this dessert and it seriously pushes the flavor over the top.
Nothing else will have you saying “Tis the season” like this dessert will.
You get even more style points if you serve it up in these cute little mason jars. Plus it makes them portable so you can bring them along to your next holiday get together to really knock the socks off of everyone you know!
Want to try another fun recipe for the season? Check out these Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Scones! Recipe here.
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane tea bags
- 10 oz high-quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, heavy cream, egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt. Whisk to combine and add tea bags. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add chocolate to a blender.
- Remove tea bags from the milk mixture and pour the hot liquid over the chocolate in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the chocolate mixture between 6 servings cups (you can use ramekins or mini mason jars here). Refrigerate for two hours before serving.