Did you know that butternut squash can be used like pumpkin? Yeah, me neither–a friend told me about it recently and it changed my life. It’s much easier to get butternut squash throughout the year than pumpkin.
And don’t you go out and buy up some new spice–pumpkin pie spice is just a combo of: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice (or clove). I made my own mix with a recipe from Google.
You could use Shakeology, or you could use your choice of chocolate (or vanilla if you’d like) protein mix. In a pinch, use some cocoa powder.
Just mix all ingredients in your blender (I use my Vitamix) and enjoy! You can get all fancy with some cinnamon on the rim, or drink it out of the blender…I’m not here to judge!
- 1 cup of almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup of butternut squash (steamed) or ½ can of pumpkin
- 1 scoop of chocolate Shakeology (or protein/cocoa powder of choice)
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend!