Every bite of this chilled no bake dessert is a treat to the senses.
By Priya Sreeram
My love for simple and fuss-free cooking is well known. And when the recipe boasts of only few ingredients and promises a decadent treat, I itch to make them immediately. And this recipe from NDTV Cooks had my attention for the same reasons. Let its rustic looks not fool you as with just 4 ingredients, the cake is a sizzling treat to the taste buds.
The nutty, crunchy and textured bite of the cake is a delight to dig in.
- Butter (unsalted) - 175 grams
- Chocolate (Good Quality) - 150 grams (cut into pieces) - I used Cadbury Fruit & Nut
- Digestive biscuits/Graham crackers - 250 grams (I used Britannia's Nutrichoice)
- Nuts - 200 grams (a mix of raisins,almonds,pistachios), roughly chopped
- Tip in the butter and chocolate in a small pan and heat gently until the butter and chocolate have melted. Set aside to cool.
- Crush the biscuits to make fine crumbs. You can do this by tipping them in to a Ziploc bag and then reducing them to smithereens with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl , dunk the biscuit crumbs, the melted butter-chocolate mix and the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Spread the mixture into a well greased baking tin. Press down with the spatula.
- When the mixture is completely cool, cover with cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.When it has set firm, cut it into squares, and return to the fridge.