A comforting dish for the cool nights or rainy days of summer that is kept feeling light with a chickpea tofu topped with caramelized onions and cilantro.
Here is a recipe for a curry made with the chickpeas tofu. I recently made my own chickpea tofu, you can find the recipe here. Dive into a bowl of this vegan Indian curry topped with fresh cilantro and caramelized onions.
- Click the link above for the spice paste blend.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp masala
- 4 small tomatoes, pureed
- ¼ cup cashews + 1 tbsp white poppy seeds, soaked in water for an hour
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup chickpea tofu, diced
- Add soaked cashews and poppy seeds in a blender along with a few tablespoons of water and whiz to form a smooth paste.
- In a wok heat oil on medium heat. Add the prepared masala and cook for a minute. Add pureed tomatoes, tomato puree, salt and sugar and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add water and cashew & poppy seed paste and stir to mix well. Bring it to a boil and add the tofu. Continue to cook covered for another 3 to 4 minutes on low.
- Add lemon juice and turn the heat off. Transfer in a serving dish and garnish with fresh cilantro and caramelized onions.