Simple, spicy, delicious “pupu” from Chef Wong of Amasia at Grand Wailea Maui.
By Michelle Winner
- 8 oz cooked soy beans with the shell on
- 1 Tbsp salad oil (canola oil)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 piece Hawaiian chili pepper, minced or dried chili ( may use a Thai pepper)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- In a hot wok, sauté garlic, ginger, and chili with salad oil until golden brown.
- Then add soybeans and continue to cook until hot.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil.
- Stir fry for an additional minute; season with salt to taste (optional) and serve immediately.