Baked with cheese, make these easy puff pretzels and serve with jam or mustard for a delicious appetizer.
Loaded with butter, salt, and two kinds of cheese, this easy take on the pretzel is great to prepare before a party. We suggest devouring these delights promptly after they are baked so you can really appreciate their delicious crispiness. Not sure how to fold a pretzel? Check out the video and try the tried and true Silpat pretzel mat. We have to admit, we never bake anything without one of these non-stick mats lining our pans. (Honestly, it makes clean-up totally bearable.)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll out a square of puff pastry until ¼ inch thick.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt and cheeses.
- Roll over once with rolling pin or press with hands to help the cheeses stick into the butter and dough.
- Cut into 8-12 strips or about ¾ of an inch wide.
- Fold into pretzel shapes and bake on a sheet pan lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.