Serve these up for the kiddos or nibble on one while you have movie night.
By Abby Himes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 Tablespoon per cup)
- dash salt or seasoned salt like Lawry's
- dash pepper
- dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 13.8 oz package Pillsbury pizza dough, unrolled & divided into 12 squares
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your regular sized muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, season the meat with salt and pepper and cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Add in the onions and red bell pepper and cook for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cayenne and re-season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Lay each pizza dough square in the muffin pan so that it forms a little cup. Add a tablespoon or two of the ground beef mixture to each cup and top it about a tablespoon of shredded cheddar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the finished cups from the pan and let cool on a wire rack or eat right away, be careful it's hot! Dip in ketchup and mustard for a real cheeseburger taste, enjoy!