The perfect recipe for your next summer barbecue or picnic. Use crushed cheddar crackers and fresh thyme for an added crunch and fresh flavor.
By Amie Valpone
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup GOVeggie! Vegan Plain Cream Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. GOVeggie! Lactose-Free Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup finely ground gluten-free cheddar crackers
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover eggs by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat. Drain, and fill saucepan with ice cubes and cold water. Set aside to cool in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain water and peel eggs. Slice each egg in halve lengthwise. Place yolks in a small bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, thyme, sea salt and pepper. Pipe or spoon filling into empty egg whites. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle ground cheddar crackers onto each deviled egg.
- Serve chilled.