PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
For your next brunch or on Mother’s day, make this recipe for cheddar and chive waffles served with fried eggs and strawberry candied bacon.
Normally, our go-to weekend breakfast is pancakes. But, last week, I was craving something a little different – something a little fancier. I had been meaning to try a savory waffle recipes forever, and I finally got around to it
Of course, every good breakfast is well rounded with something savory and sweet. So I thought it might be nice to add a bit of sweetness in the way of candied bacon – strawberry candied bacon to be exact. I candied the bacon in the oven with some Bonne Maman preserves and just a bit to brown sugar, and it was the perfect match for my cheddar chive waffles and eggs.
This recipe is perfect for Mother’s Day brunch, or for any weekend that you’re feeling extra indulgent. Just don’t forget a good strong cup of coffee, and maybe even a mimosa. Either way, you’re in for a treat.
Bonne Maman is giving away a gorgeous 12-piece set of Le Creuset cookware plus many other goodies (over 1,000 prizes!) on their website. Click below to enter! Who doesn’t love beautiful cookware?!
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
- ½ pound bacon
- 3 - 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400?F. Place bacon on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Brush preserves onto bacon and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving (blot any excess grease with paper towel).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, milk, vegetable oil, 2 eggs, chives, and cheddar cheese.
- Prepare waffles according to waffle maker directions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil (or melt butter) over medium heat. Crack eggs in a separate bowl and pour into pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let eggs cook until whites have set. Remove from pan.