Try a variation of simple chicken curry by adding cauliflower. Enjoy the fragrant dish with rice or chapatti.
By Lail Hossain
Make a kickin’ chicken curry tonight! Chicken is a lean, versatile and budget-friendly option for mealtime. A basic chicken curry can be a crowd pleaser and neither dull nor has to be predictable. Take a break from your regular chicken curry and pair it with fresh vegetables. By pairing cauliflower to your chicken curry, you’ll savor the season in a healthier way.
The curry unites garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, and chili pepper. The spices make a very fragrant simmer sauce for the chicken and the cauliflower. Fresh cilantro provides an herbal note which is refreshing. Feel free to pair the curry with piping hot rice, some bread or chapatti.
- 2 lbs chicken,
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3-4 red chili
- ½ cup oil
- salt, according to taste
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Cilantro, to garnish
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add all ingredients except cauliflower and cilantro.
- Sauté for about 5-6 minutes in medium heat. Cook covered on low-medium heat, stirring time to time to prevent burning.
- Once chicken is tender add the cauliflower and 2 cups water.
- Cook in medium heat for 10-12 minutes more until gravy thickens to your desired consistency and cauliflower is tender.
You may try adding variation of other starches and vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, etc.