PARTNER POST – Get inspired with creatively crafted Castello Blue Cheese as we celebrate a Summer of Blue with #BluesdayTuesday.
Honey, walnuts, fresh thyme, roasted grapes and triple cream blue cheese get together on one pizza for a perfect last hoorah of summer.
By Chris Cockren
Uncork a bottle of wine wine, set up the patio furniture, and enjoy the rest of your summer with this Roasted Grape and Blue Cheese Pizza with Honey, Walnut, and Thyme.
Although the start of the school year signals the unofficial end of summer for me, it actually still has a few weeks left… so don’t you dare even think about packing up that patio furniture yet. Get out there, crack open some beers and bottles of rosé, and keep on keeping on. And of course make this Roasted Grape and Blue Cheese Pizza with Honey, Walnut, and Thyme.
If you’ve never had roasted grapes, you have not yet lived fully and need to unlock this missing piece of happiness in your life. It’s that important.
Grapes are naturally high in sugar, so when it gets all hot in the oven during the roasting process, these little purple gems caramelize into bursts of fruity goodness.
I have a confession. I’m not a big blue cheese fan. There, I said it.
But, this Castello® Saga Blue Brie is different. It’s not your average blue cheese. It’s a triple-cream blue and white cheese with that is a uniquely delicious flavor experience.
And when it pairs up with roasted grapes, honey, walnuts, and thyme? Yea.. it’s pretty legit.
- 1 (12") Pizza Dough, Naan, or Flatbread, grilled or baked
- 2½ cups seedless red grapes
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 (5 ounce) wedge Castello Saga Blue Brie cheese
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay grapes in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil, season generously with Kosher salt, and toss to coat. Roast grapes for 25-30 minutes, until slightly wrinkled.
- Top cooked pizza crust (or naan or flatbread) with roasted grapes, crumbled blue brie cheese, and walnuts. Place back in oven (or on a grill over medium heat with cover closed) for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with thyme. Devour immediately.