Carrots and fenugreek make an extremely healthy & delightfully light and tasty combo in this dry sauteed vegetable dish.
By Prathima Rao
- Carrots – 2 to 3 medium to big
- Fenugreek leaves (fresh methi laves)- 2 bunches
- Vegetable oil – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Hing (asafoetida) – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – ¾ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Amchur (dry mango powder) – 1 tsp or to taste
- Coriander (dhania) powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Peel and cut carrots into cubes. Wash and chop fenugreek leaves.
- Heat oil in a wok/ kadai. Add mustard, hing, cumin, let crackle. Add methi leaves, stir fry till water evaporates. Cook for further 5 mins.
- Add carrots, salt, all the masala powders. Stir fry for 8 to 10 mins or till carrots are cooked yet has a slight crunch.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with chapathis, parathas.