Since her first taste of this fresh juice, Nandita Nataraj makes it at least twice a week.
By Nandita Nataraj
Even though I love fresh fruit juices, I am not the one to concoct them for myself. I would rather prefer a cup of hot coffee or a fruit juice straight from the pack. To top this, I am not the person to have carrots in the form of juice. I love carrots but in my stews or salads. I could never “drink” carrots. All this changed when I accidentally sipped on this drink at a restaurant on a hot day. I remember vividly. I had involuntarily asked the server what this amazing drink contained. I was pleasantly surprised when I was told that it had carrots and oranges. The drink had a refreshing flavour and yet different from all the other fruit juices that I had had earlier. It seemed to energize me almost instantaneously. From that time on, I make this refreshing yet healthy concoction atleast twice in a week. This drink can either be had as a breakfast drink or as a refreshing drink in the afternoon
- Carrot- 2 med, sliced
- Orange juice- ½ cup or
- Orange- 1, peeled and segmented
- mint leaves- 5-6
- Honey- 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar- 3tbsp or to taste
- Water- 3 cups or 24 Oz
- Juice the oranges and carrots together.
- Blend mint leaves, honey and water. Strain and extract the juice
- Mix the carrot and orange juice with the mint and honey mix - add sugar to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.