Spicy Carrot and Coriander Soup
This satisfying carrot and coriander soup is the perfect remedy on a cold autumn day.
By Soni Sinha
Autumn is magical.The time of the year when nature becomes a canvas of lovely warm hues of orange, yellow and red!!Also the time to indulge in comforting foods like soups, stews and warm desserts.
This soup is the most satisfying, very flavorful, extremely easy to make and so vibrant.
Carrot and Coriander Soup
Author: Soni Sinha
Recipe Type: Appetizer,Soups
- 6 Carrots-peeled and cubed
- 1 medium Onion-chopped
- Olive oil or butter- 1tbsp
- Ground Coriander-1 tsp
- Orange Juice- ¼ cup
- Water -3 cups
- Salt-to taste
- Pepper-1/2 tsp
- Fresh Coriander-for garnish
- In a pot, heat oil or butter and add the chopped onions until soft.
- Now add the carrots and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the water, salt and pepper .
- Cover and cook until the carrots are done.
- Add the orange juice and the coriander powder.Let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender and garnish with fresh coriander.Serve hot!
Originally Published: October 12, 2012