Keep things simple for the end of summer with crunchy fresh vegetables tossed with quinoa, almonds, and an easy sherry vinaigrette.
By Patty Price
I love a simple summer salad, especially one with some crunch in every bite. Enter shredded carrots and sliced almonds to add that crunch. The dressing is also simple, using a good extra virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. I think that easy meals, especially those featuring salads are the way to go in the summer when the temperature rises and the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven.
- 1&1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1&1/2 cups arugula
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tomatoes, sliced to serve on side.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl ~ toss together and serve. Add the sliced tomatoes to plate if desired.