Make your grilled turkey burgers exciting with fresh mozzarella, basil, summer tomatoes, and a ciabatta bun.
Mark Boughton/styling: Teresa Blackburn
- 1pound ground turkey (light and dark meat)
- 1 egg
- ½cup chopped fresh basil
- ½cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 (1-pound) ciabatta loaf
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Avocado slices (optional)
- Combine turkey, egg, basil, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Mix gently. Make 12 balls. Flatten and place a slice of cheese on top of 6 burgers. Top with remaining burgers and pinch edges to seal cheese inside.
- Sauté or grill burgers.
- Cut ciabatta loaf into 6 squares. Slice each square open horizontally. Top with burger, tomatoes and avocado.