A recipe that is easy and ready in a few minutes with ingredients available in your garden or pantry. A good extra virgin olive oil is the key to excellent seasoning in the simple dish.
By Veronica Lavenia
Italian cannellini beans are creamy white. When cooked, they have a soft texture and a slightly nutty flavor. Available all year round, in winter, organic dried cannellini beans are the better choice. In summer, canned cannellini beans are perfect as they are ready to use. Rich in protein and vitamins, cannellini beans are a healthy food, one of the bases (like all legumes) of the Mediterranean Diet.
This recipe is very easy and gets ready in a few minutes, with ingredients available in your garden or pantry. A good extra virgin olive oil is the base seasoning for an excellent and healthy salad.
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 sliced onion
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt and white pepper to taste
- dried oregano to taste
- 300 g canned cannellini beans
- Wash and cut the tomatoes. Add the onion and seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Let rest for about ten minutes to mix the smells.
- Mix the beans (drained and rinsed) with the salad and serve.