All of the favorite flavors of buffalo chicken wings come together on a small brioche bun to make delicious slider sandwiches.
I can’t remember when I got fancy. That moment when I ordered foie gras because I was craving it versus trying to prove a point. When a cocktail became a perfectly chilled martini instead of a well priced beer. When I set the table with all the flatware, regardless if we were going to use it or not.
But as fancy as I get, whenever I see “Buffalo” anything on the menu, I’m ordering it. Maybe it’s the upstate girl in me or maybe it’s my soft spot for dive bars and bar food, there’s just something about that spicy, tangy flavor that I can never pass up.
I thought about making you straight up banging Buffalo chicken wings today, but instead I got all fancy. Instead I poached some chicken, shredded it, and stirred it into my favorite Buffalo sauce. I heaped that on top of little brioche buns, covered it with shredded lettuce and spooned some blue cheese spread over the top. It’s all the flavors you crave in your go-to dive bar wings, except well, it’s just a little fancy.
But in this case fancy doesn’t mean difficult. In fact, it’s probably even easier than a traditional chicken wing recipe and (dare I say it?) a little bit healthier. These little sliders are perfect party fare…the pulled chicken can be made well ahead and you can literally toss them together moments before your guests arrive. But just in case you’re still craving a wing recipe, these crispy asian wings are eternal crowd pleasers or stay all Buffalo, all the time, with these Buffalo cauliflower bites. So go ahead and embrace your inner dive bar girl with these sliders and maybe even pour yourself a glass of champagne, because hell, we’re fancy.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 18 slider buns (preferable brioche)
- 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- ½ cup Franks RedHot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Place the chicken, stock, water and salt in a large covered saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a bare simmer and simmer until the chicken is cooked though, about 20 mins.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and pull apart with two forks or your hands when cool enough to handle.
- Buffalo Sauce: Whisk together all of the ingredients for the Buffalo sauce in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 2-3 mins. and set aside.
- Blue Cheese Spread: Whisk together all of the ingredients for the blue cheese spread and set aside.
- Add the pulled chicken to the Buffalo sauce and simmer over low heat, covered, for 20 mins.
- To serve: Spilt the slider buns and pile with the pulled Buffalo chicken, shredded lettuce and a dollop of the blue cheese spread smeared on the top bun.