Tamara Novacoviç really isn’t a huge fan of soups, but this creamy meeting between broccoli and cauliflower wins her over.
By Tamara Novacoviç
I’m not a fan of soups, but cream soups I could eat anytime. My favorite ones are this broccoli-cauliflower soup and mushroom cream soup.
There is something comforting yet light about vegetable cream soups. Yes, I put heavy cream in mine, just ’cause I like it creamy like that, but you can omit it. However, I advise you not to. It will give your soup delicious, creamy texture. Broccoli and cauliflower get along very well, I tell you.
- 1 small broccoli
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 small onion
- olive oil
- 0.4 cups (100 ml) heavy cream
- 0.4 cups (100 ml) milk
- 3 cups (720 ml) water or chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- parsley-for garnishing
- Heat olive oil, sautee finely chopped onion. Add water or chicken broth and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, cook until vegetables are completely cooked and tender.
- Put everything into a blender machine and blend into puree. Put it back into the pot, add heavy cream and milk, cook on low heat until it boils. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley, serve warm.