PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
These buckwheat crepes are packed with flavor and filled with a beautiful combination of creamy brie, spicy jalapeño and sweet raspberry preserves.
I have been sending hints for days, these buckwheat crepes with brie, jalapeño, and raspberry preserves are how I want to breakfast in bed this Mother’s Day.
As much as my family loves crepes, they don’t happen very often during the school year. Maybe once or twice at holiday time, and Stella requests them every year for her birthday, but usually we leave crepe making to the summer when our schedule allows for a long, leisurely breakfast.
My daughter has been watching me make crepes for years, and has finally started to try them on her own. So, of course this mamma requested them for her mother’s day breakfast. The kids love these buckwheat crepes simply spread with Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves. I don’t think spread is the right word, They literally use half the jar, that is how much they LOVE them. Bonne Maman Preserves are hard not to love. Made with only simple ingredients that you would find in your own pantry, Bonne Maman actually means “Grandmother” or “Granny”, and these preserve taste exactly like grandma’s would taste.
I love preserves in my crepes as well, but you know I love a bit of heat with my sweet, so for mother’s day I requested these buckwheat crepes with brie, jalapeño, and raspberry preserves.
Bonne Maman is giving away a gorgeous 12-piece set of Le Creuset cookware plus many other goodies (over 1,000 prizes!) on their website. Click below to enter! Who doesn’t love beautiful cookware?!
For more recipe ideas, check out these fun toasts.
Click here for the crepe batter recipe.
- 1 recipe of basic buckwheat crepes (click the link above)
- 8 ounces brie
- Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves
- 1 jalapeño, seeded(if desired) and thinly sliced
- in a small saucepan warm ¼ -1/3 cup of preserves over low heat just until the preserve begin to melt
- spread each crepe with the raspberry preserves
- place two thin slices of brie on top of the preserves, and then add a few slices of jalapeño
- roll each crepe, top with a drizzle of the warmed raspberry preserves, and then extra jalapeño if desired
- keep the plain buckwheat crepes warm in a 200 degree oven while you fill and roll the crepes
- serve filled crepes immediately