Toasted with a kick, these pecans have a bourbon punch from a single barrel Kentucky beauty and some cayenne to beautifully create a snack with smokiness.
By Prerna Singh
Bourbon Kissed Spicy Pecans
Author: Prerna Singh
Recipe Type: Snack
- 250 gm pecan halves
- 2½ tablespoon butter
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar (brown sugar works equally fine)
- 2 tablespoon good quality bourbon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 deg. F.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in palm sugar (brown sugar). Mix well.
- Add bourbon. Mix. Cook for 1 minute.
- As it starts to bubble, stir in pecans.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- Pull out of the oven. Let it cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over pecans. Toss to coat.