Make it virgin, or add a special kick for the adults, either way this milkshake is cool, creamy and sure to delight.
These Bananas Foster Milkshakes are a special treat to be enjoyed by both young and old. We made a “kid friendly” version, too!. This idea has been in my head ever since my days of waiting tables when I made Bananas Foster table side, serving it over French vanilla ice cream. I’ve made Bananas Foster for Jackie to put on pancakes, and we’ve even created our own delicious Bananas Foster Bread Pudding.
Now it may not be healthy or good for you, but we all need a treat like this once in a while.
Now for the important part: If you want to make this shake boozy simply add an ounce of crème de banana and an ounce of dark rum to the banana mixture before blending. This is now the perfect adult milkshake, but be careful to pour the kids servings before adding this special “kick”.
- 2 bananas
- ¾ C brown sugar
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 ounce crème de banana (optional)
- 1 ounce dark rum (optional)
- ½-1 C milk
- 3 C vanilla bean ice cream
- Whipped cream
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and add brown sugar, cooking over medium heat stirring often until sugar is dissolved. About 10 minutes
- Add sliced bananas and cook for another 3 minutes.
- **If adding alcohol, add crème de banana and dark rum.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes
- In a blender, add ice cream and 1 cup of banana mixture and blend. Add milk as needed to desired consistency.
- If adding alcohol, you may use less milk.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with brown sugar and serve.